Sunday, November 20, 2011

Band: Backyard Heroes

Okay so I know one of the members of this band personally. So heres a guy with passion and talent, so naturally any musical project he takes on will display that. And I know this is SUPER different than what ive been posting, but good music, is good music. And im not just posting this as a favor, to Tim, nah, I took the time out to listen to the music, so i can give my genuine review, and here it is: My problem with acoustic-y music, is that the singer sounds all pretty with angsty lyrics. What Backyard Heroes is doing, is straying away from that 'woe-is-me-im-gonna-go-cry-and-write-a-song-because-im-so-deep-and-sad.' sort of thing. I get a pleasant vibe from them, mellow, and nice. (Sort of reminds me of camp, Tim. :D) Its clear that they took the time out to write these lyrics, and I am now a fan, and you should be too. (:

Thumbs up: Meaningful lyrics, pleasing vocals.

Thumbs down: The guitar sounds similar in most songs

Rating: 8.8/10

Song to listen to: Chetwood (I really like this one :D)

**** So since this band is fairly new, im going to give you their link, because i really feel like you should know about them: Click for some awesome music!

No comments:

Post a Comment